Students understand the systems and technologies that facilitate the management and use of information resources to serve the diverse needs of users.
II.a Students identify and analyze diverse information needs of individuals and communities.
- Teaching Project: Class Planning: Context and Needs Assessment
- Teaching Project: Learning Objectives
- Teaching Project: Learning Evaluation Assessments
The three pieces listed above provided a comprehensive approach to design an smartphone class for seniors at the Lighthouse Point Library, FL
II.b. Students evaluate and select print and digital information resources and systems to meet needs of users.
- Multicultural literature for children
Latin American suggested bibliography – Work in progress
African American suggested bibliography – Work in progress
The purpose of this assignment is to prepare a list of books to serve children, young adults, and adults of Hispanic heritage, as well as offer other patrons the possibility to learn and discover about different cultures
II.c. Students understand and use appropriate information technology for information services.
- Strategic Planning Brochure
- Business Analysis Report
- Librarians: Creators of Multidimensional Spaces – Poster
- Prezi Presentation on Blockchain
In the list above, there are included different materials for different audiences using a variety of technologies, from a business report using flowcharts to posters, and audiovisual presentations